24 September 2012

She remembers bridges, burns them to the ground

I mentioned piercings in my last post. Up until about 2 and half years ago, I had three normal lobe piercings on each side. The first (bottom) set done when I was in grade 7 (~13 years old), the second in grade 9 (~15) and the third, top holes when I as around 24/25 years old.



Then I started working at a local (now closed) call centre and met a young guy, Craig, who had many many facial piercings. He was young enough to be my son (he was born a month before I graduated HS), but he was more like a younger brother--not that I ever wanted a younger sibling--I'm the youngest in my family. (My mum says that she once asked me when I was around 5, if I wanted a younger brother or sister--knowing a good gig when I had one, I promptly and happily said "no". *heh*)

So Craig and his boyfriend (which I didn't realise was his bf til many months later, though I suspected cus I was slashing them in my head), Réal, were both body piercers. It started innocently enough...I decided I wanted to get my tongue pierced. So, I finally did--had to get it done at the apt of a friend of the Dysfunctional Duo (my friend MJ's name for them...and it fits, though they're still together, much to my surprise), as Craig still lived at home and Réal was rooming with someone. I lisped for a few days, which was kinda cruel since our cc was a sprint one...and my rl name begins with S.

 Craig did my tongue piercing, my next one was an industrial in my right ear (that's the bar that goes across the top inside)--most painful piercing to that point. And very, very sensitive afterwards. A few days later, I accidentally hit it with my hand, and not at all that hard. Oh, my, god, instant tears. I would've ripped the balls off anyone who'd tried to touch it.

Around that time, I started stretching my ear lobe holes. I was originally planning 6 g for the bottom two holes and 10 for the top...but I changed my mind, I've got 10g in the top lobe piercing, 8g in the middle and 6g in the bottom. I like the thicker look, but not the extreme stretching some folks get.

Next new piercing was my eyebrow--done on the left side. Ended up that one started to grow out so had to get it redone--been almost two years and it seems okay. Craig did that one for me.

Then, I got brave (or stupid) and got both my nipples pierced. I wasn't going to, but PD got one of hers done (along with her eyebrow)--and it didn't seem quite so bad.  Réal did my nipple piercings cus Craig didn't have any experience with them. Okay--most painful piercings EVER. Hurt as bad as getting an abcess lanced (I've had a few of those done)....it's the only piercing I've ever sworn during. And I ended up getting the left one redone as it started to grow out. It's been fine since being redone.

Then I got my lip done when I got my eyebrow redone. It was on the left side. I ended up taking that one cus I thought it was damaging my tooth--by the time I got through with the dentist and the news that it wasn't, it'd grown over too much to poke through again. I'm thinking of getting it redone--was gonna do it this summer and didn't.

My last piercing was a helix piercing on my left ear; I was a the dysfunctional duo's place and Craig had done a monroe for another girl from the call centre and wanted to do another, so I told him he could something on my ear. So he did the helix.

I don't have any tattoes but would love to get one. Just need some extra money. hahaha.

Sometimes, the kids will ask me about my piercings and if they ask how many I have, I always say 2 less than what I do, cus they'll invariably ask where they are--I don't want to tell them about my nipples, def not appropriate. And if I said the actual total, my luck I'd get some kid really good with the math.

No comments: