21 September 2012

I'm telling you she knows where it's at

Well, I can finally has music on my iMac. When DT stopped in this a.m. (mostly to add ram to ye old emac so it'd run a newer word version slightly better) he basically told me iTunes was a lost cause. I wasn't heart broken or anything; yeah, I like iTunes, in fact it's my player of choice on ALL MY WINDOWS BASED PCs. Yet, amusingly enough, I CAN'T USE IT ON AN iMAC. *cue laughter*

I'm using VLC player--it plays using a playlist and will play vids as well. First version I tried was too new, so I found an older version and that worked. Ah, sweet music. Fucking finally.

Told DT I thought the way programs are installed was stupid. He defended it. I realised later that I don't find the process intuitive as I do with WIN (prolly cus I've used them more, but still). There's nothing in the disk utility window that TELLS you to double click on what you want to "mount" on the HD. I just see buttons and descriptions about fixing your HD or erasing shit. (Seriously, mounting software...hardware that word makes sense, not for software. but macs, what can you do.)

Had to laugh, DT said that he gets pissy with anyone who asks about burning software for the mac. He tells them to just put the damned disk in. Sooooo.... guess what I'm a gonna ask him next time I see him. He makes it too easy sometimes.

Also discovered that until you delete something from the trash, the memory isn't freed up. Even on a fucking flash drive. Now THAT is really stupid. With WIN, it goes tot he trash, you can use the memory....*argh* I'm lucky I've got DT as my tech....for more than one reason.

Saw SR at School A this afternoon, finally coming in to fucking fix things--he was getting the lab comps and printer finished up when I left. I got after him for not doing stuff for PD--he feigned innocence. And his youngest boy is in grade 6 now! I remember when he was in primary (heck I remember when SR's oldest boy was in primary). All three of his boys went to Sham, so I was their LT up until four years ago, when I left for School A.

Tis late, I should go check tumblr and perhaps head to bed; I'm tired.

No comments: