11 September 2012

Catching up part III

As I mentioned at the end of my last post. Changes. We can has them. Rather unfortunately. (And yes, laundry is dried and put away. go me).

Last school year, K announced his retirement. And much sadness fell upon the land...well, for many of us at School A--some of whom had worked with him for years and basically followed him from school to school. (Had I known how much I'd enjoy working with him, I might've tried that sooner!). So, he didn't officially retire until the end of June, but his replacement was found and announced early that month. We knew of people who were applying/might apply. My friend, PD's VP was one of them. I'll refer to her as PHP II (to differentiate her from PHP whom I had at Sham for four or so years, which was six too many). There was a guy who'd been VP at School A before and everyone at the school whom I respected wanted him to get the job.

So, the day of the announcment arrives; normally the principal tells the staff, but K was out for minor sugery, so it fell on our VP S, to do so. It was in the morning before classes...we gathered in the staff room and waited for her to tell us.

"I'm pleased to announce that our new principal is PHP II". You could've heard a pin drop, it was so quiet in that room. We all knew we were screwed. (PHP II had also been VP at school A a few years ago....) Poor S, she rambled on and said she'd email PHP  II welcoming her to our school. See I knew we were screwed because I'd listened to PD tell exactly how the PHP II had treated her, the support staff and some of the teaching staff for the last six years as the VP at her school. She only let up on PD when PD's son ended up needing a heart transplant.

So, after the initial shock wore off, I went to the phone in the book room (more private) to call PD at home and tell her (her school goes in an hour later than ours); her hubby answered and asked if everything was alright. I said it was...then told PD the good news. Good for her, not for us. She told me later that she was so happy she'd been singing int he shower, but her hubby told her to stop it as she was scaring their children.

I will say things have been going along okay so far--PHP II is being nice to me (I almost hate it, I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop) and she hasn't really done anything to really piss anyone off. She did schedule me for end of the day stairwell duty but I went to the VP about it because a)I'm not a teacher and that's teacher supe time b)I've had my hours cut back and you're adding something to it and c) I wasn't asked OR told, I read it in the emailed sched that came out. Anyhow, rather surprisingly to me, PHP II didn't have a hissy or get angry at me; one of the resource teachers will do it--though I did offer to cover for her if need be, which PHP II seemed to appreciate.

It's a good thing I'm a woman and used to/good at faking it.... or I'd be in big trouble....lol

No comments: