10 October 2012

you can give it all up for a place in the sun

There was an admins meeting at the board yesterday (they have them at least monthly). So, no PHP II at work, at least.

Except she must've been bored cus I got a half dozen emails for me. Wanting me to put up the OH&S minutes before they're approved by the committee. *sigh* Okay, whatevs, but I'm NOT sending them to the board before they're approved. Then a list of books for mi'kmaq heritage and african cdn/american stuff. She wanted to know what we didn't have...of course it was a pdf so I couldn't do it back to her electronically but gave her the paper copy today.

Then she sent me some stuff for the SAC section of the website--and with that one I won the arguement about putting the minutes up before committee approval. Anyhow she wondered if she could have admin access to the website. *TWITCH* There are many reasons I'm in library sciences. Control freak are two of them. I was initially going to email her back and pretty much say, in a small voice, "um, no, if that's okay with you." But I knew that would only spur her to want access and show me not to be a Team Player (there is no I in team (but there IS "me" if you rearrange the letters)).

I quickly threw out that idea and instead went for defeat via techno babble. I emailed back and said that while she could certainly have access, well, right now you have to upload files via Front Page as the FTP isn't working...and that while she could upload, I'd rather be the one to do the links, since the sites CSS could easily be affected and mess up the entire site. *halo--sitting on the devil horns* I also pointed out that I can generally get things up the same day as I have access to the website from home and do check my email on the weekends (my weekend includes Mondays).

And it was the right tack to take as she quickly emailed back that it would be easier for me to do--as she thought it would be. I wonder if it was an intentional test... To see how cooperative I'll be. I always feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop with that woman.I've been really good about not asking her to stop using my secret door.

I have two doors into the library--they're on the same wall but at different ends; the door the kids use is goes the hallway--the other door is across from the main office door, but also right next to the door into the above mentioned hallway and near the lobby. If it was used during class time by the kids, the congestion would be quite bad. I call it my secret door as one day, early on during my time at the school, Principal mr K was at the office door when I came out of the library door. He called down the hallway to the VP: "Hey, S, the librarian found the secret door!" So that's what I've called it ever since. I'd rather she didn't use it, but hey, as one of the EAs I work with says: "That's not a hill I want to die on." Yep, pick yo' battles, man.

I'm currently staying at PD's place as they're on their trip to the NASCAR race and to meet Jimmie Johnson down in Charlotte, NC. (Her son had to have a heart transplant a year ago Memorial Day weekend.) So they're off, I'm here and abusing her washing machine and dryer, but she said I could. LOL I don't think she thought I'd bring all my laundry--I did leave towels and sheets at home. Just a few small washes. *g*

No comments: