01 October 2012

it must be wrong to love you like I do

Well, another Monday not spent at home, but at work. I'm the race committee rep at both of my schools (it has a longer, nicer sounding name, but it's pretty specific and I'd rather not mention it, yanno) doing rc work--putting up displays at both schools as Oct is Mi'kmaq History Month (and we still haven't got the posters, which is par for the course. It's the same time. Every year. Every year, posters are late. *sigh*). In my library at school A--I figure all the kids will see anything I do in there. At shcool B, there's an rc bulletin board, so I did that one and two other ones down by my library.

I worked on my supply order for School B--I think I have ~1500$ in budget money there...and I need spine labels and protectors, more barcodes and protectors... yeah, that money isn't going far, let me tell you. Library supply places charge so much because it's such a specific market they get away with it. I think I've got ~500$ in my school based acct, so will order some display things from that. Sometimes I think PD and I are the only two LTs in this entire board who actually decorate their libraries. This is the third Library I've come into with no display stuff--well, not enough to count. I get reading sets, character education sets, racial/diversity sets...*argh* Of course, I have no place to store anything at school B right now, but will also buy poster storage boxes.

Hmm. I think I'll get BD (tech mentor) when he's in this wed to come over before the inservicing to show me how to set up the cloud thingy for my files--so I can access them from my laptop and at the other school--right now I'd love to be able to see where I'd ordered a nice set of winter celebration posters from, but will have to wait til I'm at school tomorrow.

No comments: