02 October 2012

Look at all you happy people, wish I could be like you

Tuesday so it must be school A. One of the primary teachers couldn't deal with her entire class in the lab, so she's going to do half and half on tues, then on Monday, the same--I'm making bookmarks to put in the books so the kids can sign out. I'll do it tues a.m. I really shouldn't do this, but fuck it. Whether I do it or not is not going to put us back to FT at one school or not. This change is permanent, despite the wishful thinking of our union (who've done dick all to help us, really. a few small rallies last school year...but yeah).

Anyways, today I had to do shelving. I hate shelving...my least favourite thing to do. But for the past two years I've had a volunteer (whom I'd trained to be my sub) who LOVED to shelve (I know, wtf?) but she's done almost all of it. I've done a handful here and there. But she's gotten a job (she's on income assistance and wants to get off of it, which I think is awesome), so her ability to come in when I'm in on this reduced schedule is lacking. She's been good about not coming in when I'm not there.... Anyhow, had three shelves of shelving to do (I do a presort as I sign in--non fic, chapter books and pic books) since it didn't get done last week and the book return box was FULL to almost over flowing. So, yeah, no choice. Did it during the classes--it's a lot easier with the older groups. Of course, by the end of the day, I had another set of three half full shelves. I really hope my volunteer is in tomorrow. And not just cus of the shelving; I like her as a person, too.

From 10-15 Oct, I'll be house/cat sitting for my best friend, PD. Her 14 year old son (whom I've known since before he was born, *g*) had to have a heart transplant last year--which he got on the US Memorial Day weekend--he was "lucky" in that he needed an adult sized heart as he was a big boy (no, i don't mean fat, I mean tall)--children's hearts are really hard to come by. Anyhow, the reason PD is away is that it's her son's Make a Wish (er, not sure if it's that org, but same idea)--he wanted to go to a NASCAR race and meet his fave driver, who I think is Jimmie Johnson--what do I know about NASCAR? Not much. Anyhow, there's been a fair bit of B&E in PD's area by kids who go to the school she works at, so if they knew her house was empty--she might come home to nothing. So, I'm going up. She's got three cats and dog, but the dog'll be staying with her parents--her step father loves having the dog over...and they're home all day, which is easier than me who's working. I'll still be the same distances, approx. from my work sites, just now, school B will be closer than school A.
 

No comments: